Axed Generations actors to file court papers

2015-01-13 11:35
 

Johanesburg - Lawyers representing 16 actors who were axed from SABC1 soap opera Generations will file a court application on Tuesday to halt a new version of the show.

"We are filing the papers on Tuesday, and after that we will be allocated a court date and a judge," Bulelani Mzamo said.

"We are going through the arrangements of having the actors come and sign the papers. We will file sometime during the course of the day, but if there is any problem, we will possibly file it by Wednesday morning."

The group want the newly launched version of the soapie, Generations The Legacy, to be taken off screens. The actors allege the SABC reneged on a contract it signed after the actors were axed during a pay dispute last year.

Mzamo previously said the contract stated that the public broadcaster would pay the fees the actors had been demanding and was willing to reinstate them. This had not happened.

SABC spokesperson Kaizer Kganyago reportedly said there were no plans to pull the plug on the soap opera.

"I have heard stories that the actors plan to get an interdict against the SABC, but we have nothing official from them," he said.

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
3 comments
Comments have been closed for this article.
NEXT ON CHANNELX
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.