Steven Tyler is heading to South Africa with a whole bunch of other rock gods for Kings of Chaos 2014!

Nicki Minaj's new music video is basically a softcore booty shaking, grinding and twerking NSFW porn fest

CT Idols hopefuls 'went wild' at auditions

2013-02-04 11:50
 
Cape Town - The first round of auditions for the ninth season of Idols SA kicked off this weekend at Grand West Entertainment Centre in Cape Town to an ecstatic response from contestants.

More than 926 hopefuls entered the auditions and proved that there will be tight competition to nab the spot for the prized golden ticket.

Idols host ProVerb said he was amazed by the energy that the crowd had to offer during the auditions. "The crowd just went wild - the energy was 'lekker'."

According to M-Net, contestants already started queuing outside Grand West on Friday afternoon around 16:00, with a small group of people setting up camp for the night to ensure the best spot in the queue when the doors opened on Saturday at 08:00.

CT contestants bringing it all


"We were completely overwhelmed by Cape Town's enthusiasm," Idols spokesperson Lani Lombard said.

"With this display of determination and passion, the Mother City might just produce another Idols winner this year after last year's poor performance, with only one contender in the Top 10."

The Western Cape has already produced five of the eight Idols SA winners, with last year's winner Khaya Mthethwa hailing from Durban and Season 7 winner Dave van Vuuren from Johannesburg.

Auditions will now move on to the Soweto Theatre in Soweto on Saturday 16 February, Saturday 2 March at the Playhouse Theatre in Durban and on Saturday 23 March at the Sandton Convention Centre in Johannesburg.

Read more on:    m-net  |  proverb  |  cape town  |  tv  |  idols sa  |  music
NEXT ON CHANNEL24X

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
4 comments
Add your comment
Comment 0 characters remaining
 

Recent News

An angry backlash is growing against the SABC and the Generations producers from South African actors and celebrities. Read More »

The ANC has requested the ministries of communication and labour to intervene in the dispute between dismissed Generations actors and their employers. Read More »

inside channel 24

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.