Joan Rivers' doctors are worried she may end up in a vegetative state or in a 'wheelchair'

Cee Lo Green has deleted his Twitter account after tweeting some controversial views on rape

Carte Blanche to fight BCCSA ruling

2012-04-20 07:37
 
Carte Blanche
Cape Town – M-Net's weekly investigative magazine show Carte Blanche is appealing a ruling made by the Broadcasting Complaints Commission of South Africa (BCCSA) which ordered them to apologise regarding a certain insert broadcast in August last year.

The BCCSA, in a judgement, ordered Carte Blanche to apologise on-air for what the BCCSA found in its judgement was a "mischaracterisation" by the TV show of a device from Electro Smart.

In response to the ruling, Carte Blanche said that they "respectfully disagree with the ruling and imposed sanctions made by the BSSCA regarding an insert that investigated a power-saving product called the Electro Smart apparatus. Therefore, Carte Blanche is appealing the BCCSA judgment."

"The imposed sanction required Carte Blanche to broadcast the BCCSA ruling on either Sunday, 22 April 2012 or Sunday, 29 April 2012, but the chairperson of the tribunal has subsequently granted the Carte Blanche request to suspend the sanction," they added.

According to M-Net, Carte Blanche is renowned for its superb investigative journalism "and has won more than 120 prestigious local and international awards for its in-depth stories.

"Being a respected consumer watchdog for South Africans, Carte Blanche prides itself on delivering accurate and honest content," said M-Net.

 
 

- Channel24

Read more on:    bccsa  |  mnet  |  tv  |  carte blanche

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
16 comments
Add your comment
Comment 0 characters remaining
 

Recent News

A Massive fire has engulfed M-Net's Big Brother Africa Hotshots house, leading to the immediate cancellation of the start of the the upcoming 9th season of the pan-African voyeur reality show Read More »

Downton Abbey bosses were banned from staging a blazing fire at Highclere Castle for scenes from the upcoming first episode of the fifth series. Read More »

inside channel 24

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.