Los Angeles - Charlie Sheen thinks Two and a Half Men should be axed.
The 43-year-old actor - who was sacked from the sitcom last year because of his erratic behaviour and public criticisms of creator Chuck Lorre - thinks his replacement Ashton Kutcher and the rest of the cast are being given substandard material to work with and says they "deserve" better.
He said: "I don't think it should go on past this year. I just think that people are there because there's nowhere else to go. Yet.
"Hats off to Ashton for doing the best job that he can. I don't think that he's working with the best writing because [Lorre is] doing too many shows. He and [Jon Cryer] and [Angus T Jones] deserve better material."
Despite his comments, Charlie - who is now working on a new comedy show, Anger Management - insists he doesn't care what happens to the show because he has moved on and now feels "free".
'Rocket ship to the moon'
He added to The Hollywood Reporter: "I don't want to harp on them. Let the clueless stay clueless. I was a puppet there for ratings. But whatever, I don't care. I've moved on, and whatever they're doing there is none of my business."
"Whatever started with Chuck rolled down to all of us. I'm not saying it was shit, but I'm not saying it was fucking gold either. But whatever, man, they're doing their thing and I'm free from their bondage."
He may be disappointed with the quality of Two and a Half Men, but Charlie promised fans will love his new show.
He said: "We will not disappoint. At this stage of the game, to deliver a turd? It's not going to happen.
"It's going to be an absolute fucking rocket ship to the moon."
24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.
Although a new contract will definitely be concluded for 7de Laan, uncertainty remains over whether it will be broadcast on Monday since Hlaudi Motsoeneng first wants to meet with the producers. Read More »
SABC is getting its very first locally produced telenovela, Keeping Score. Read More »
10 epic pics.
All the deets.
South AfricaCity Press
Johannesburg CBDResourcing Solutions
HousesR 3 220 000
HousesR 1 750 000
HousesR 2 495 000