Donald Trump sues celebrity chef over cancelled US restaurant

2015-08-03 13:21
 

Washington — Donald Trump's organisation is suing celebrity chef Jose Andres for backing out of a hotel project in Washington.

Andres had planned to open a restaurant at the Trump International Hotel. Trump's organisation was selected by the federal government to renovate the historic Old Post Office building on Pennsylvania Avenue and turn it into a luxury hotel.

Andres announced last month that he was cancelling plans to open the restaurant, citing what he called Trump's disparaging comments about Mexican immigrants. Andres is an immigrant from Spain.

The lawsuit filed on Friday in federal court in Washington says Andres' decision has already cost Trump's organisation millions of dollars. It says Andres signed a lease that obligated him to build a restaurant in the space and pay rent for 10 years.

Read more on:    donald trump

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
2 comments
Comments have been closed for this article.
NEXT ON CHANNELX
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.