M-Net officially turns 30 years old today – celebrating three decades of bringing viewers across the African continent premium TV content

Reeva Steenkamp's best friend finally breaks her silence with beautiful tribute on Instagram

Dynamo dumps Oscar Pistorius

2013-08-16 15:51
Cape Town – Dynamo's latest disappearing act involves making Oscar Pistorius disappear.

The insert which the brilliant British magician filmed at the end of last year in South Africa with Oscar Pistorius before the Olympic and paralympic athlete shot and killed his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp is getting deleted from the new season of Discovery Channel's Dynamo: Magician Impossible.

Last month Discovery said that the Oscar Pistorius insert which was filmed in November 2012 is under review and that Discovery is deciding whether it will remain in an episode of the new season or not.

Discovery told Channel24 that the Pistorius insert is being deleted and will be cut from the upcoming third season of Dynamo Magician Impossible. The third season of Dynamo: Magician Impossible will start on Discovery Channel (DStv 121) on 27 October.

Dynamo's time in South Africa

"After careful consideration, we have decided not to include the scene filmed with Oscar Pistorius last year in Dynamo: Magician Impossible when the series airs in South Africa later this year," Lee Hobbs, the channel director for emerging business for Discovery Networks for the Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEEMEA) region tells Channel24.

"The programme will still include the best moments of Dynamo's time in South Africa and we hope our viewers enjoy this magical local episode when it premieres on Discovery Channel."

Dynamo (his real name is Steven Frayne) filmed various scenes around South Africa with South Africans and local celebrities in Johannesburg, Soweto and Cape Town.

Pistorius shot and killed his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp on Valentines Day, 14 February and the athlete embroiled in a sensational court trial stands accused of premeditated murder.

The National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) has told Pistorius' lawyers that he will be charged with additional charges when he appears in court again this coming Monday.

The NPA says Pistorius will be charged with two counts of recklessly discharging a gun in a public place, related to two other incidents.


24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.

Recent News

Lorelai and Rory Gilmore are back and a lot has happened since we last saw them. Read More »

Check out our handy soapie guide to see what is happening in your favourite TV show. Read More »

inside channel 24

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.