Meet Iain Thomas, the 36-year-old South African poet who is famous all over the world except in SA

Trevor Noah has pulled out at the last minute from hosting the MAMAs 2016, due to 'a severe upper respiratory infection'

Jeremy Clarkson planning a new TV show to rival Top Gear

2015-04-20 14:00

Los Angeles - Jeremy Clarkson is planning a TV show to rival Top Gear after being axed from his presenting job.

The 55-year-old star was let go from the programme by the BBC last month after he was involved in a fracas with Top Gear producer Oisin Tymon in a hotel while filming in location, splitting his lip and verbally abusing him.

Clarkson is not going to dwell on his departure from the programme and has revealed he's going to create a new "baby" to take on the BBC series.

Writing in his Sunday Times column, Jeremy revealed: "I have lost my baby but I shall create another. I don't know who the other parent will be or what the baby will look like, but I cannot sit around any more organising my photograph album. Let's stop being silly and pick up the pieces and start again ... I just know I'm going to do another car show."

The outspoken star also revealed he had a cancer scare just two days before the incident that lost him his job. He was given a 'stern' warning by a doctor to have it checked immediately but was in the middle of filming for the motoring show and said that "always came first".

Jeremy said: "Two days before the 'fracas', I'd been told, sternly, by my doctor that the lump on my tongue was probably cancer and that I must get it checked out immediately. But I couldn't do that. We were in the middle of a Top Gear series. And Top Gear always came first."

Read more on:    jeremy clarkson  |  series  |  tv  |  celebrities  |  top gear
NEXT ON CHANNEL24X publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.

Recent News

We had a quick chat with Penny Rider about taking that all important first star baker award in the new season of SA Bake Off. Read More »

A source told Channel24 that the SABC won’t see another episode of 7de Laan if there’s no signed contract by Monday. Read More »

inside channel 24

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.