Johannesburg - TLC Entertainment’s (DStv 172) Next Great Presenter campaign is heating up and can now introduce the Top 12 semi-finalists who have made it through to the next stage. The Top 12 were selected from the more than 1500 auditions received from passionate fans all over the African continent.
"We would like to congratulate our finalists on making it to the next round of auditions. Each one of them demonstrated passion, pizzazz and confidence, not to mention their love for the channel. We are eager to see who puts it all on the line to become our first African TLC Next Great Presenter," said Lee Hobbs, VP of Channels for Discovery Networks.
Meet the finalists who will go through to the next phase of the competition:
1. Adenike O. Adebayo a Nigerian presenter, host, writer, Nollywood Movie Awards panelist and film consultant aims to be nothing but herself.
2. Kenyan, Felix Earnest Otieno Mududada’s fun loving and bubbly character caught the judge’s eye. With more energy than the Duracell bunny, Felix is always living in the moment with an eye for the future.
3. Bahumi Madisakwane from South Africa describes herself as: a lover of life, a lover of people and all things entertainment.
4. Tendai Karonga from Zimbabwe is all about being true to herself. It's taken her a while but this talented woman has proved that she is ready for the challenge.
5. Passionate TLC Entertainment (DStv 172) super-fan Lisa Fiandeiro says the channel has given her more life options.
6. 21-year-old Crystal Kayaro Emonde from Kenya says she is a force to be reckoned with.
7. South African finalist Tracy Bonolo Mgolodela says she will be competing with nobody but herself.
8. 25-year-old HR intern Mpiwa Bagwasi from Botswana who says she is ready to be TLC's Next Great Presenter.
9. Chasing the light in Johannesburg is Star Khulu, a brand architect, qualified journalist and avid fashion lover from South Africa.
10. The second male to make the cut is David Mbeha. Hailing from Namibia, David is passionate 20-year-old presenter who believes that every dream is possible.
11. Kylie Eriksen from South Africa has been working to become an entertainer ever since she was a child. Never one to shy away from a microphone, Kylie has a true passion and love for presenting.
Finishing the list of Top 12 finalists is full-time Professional Acting for Camera student, Anray Amansur. She has performed at festivals, international theatre productions and music concerts and has recently started training at Bonfire Theatre Company.
Now the hard work begins!
The Top 12 semi-finalists will now have the opportunity to prove that they are the perfect fit for Africa’s #1 lifestyle channel at a three-day bootcamp in Johannesburg where they will attend various mentorship sessions hosted by experts in the industry.
In the end, it will be up to the viewers to choose the winner from the three shortlisted finalists who make it through the boot camp stage. The winner will ultimately be crowned TLC's Next Great Presenter and become the official host of TLC TOP 10 – a brand new series coming to TLC Entertainment (DStv 172) in December.
Martha Stewart and Snoop Dogg gave a taste of their new cooking show on Ellen, and it's everything. Read More »
Los Angeles police are investigating an attack in which Donald Trump's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame was vandalised. Read More »
10 epic pics.
All the deets.
South AfricaCity Press
Johannesburg CBDResourcing Solutions
HousesR 3 740 000
HousesR 6 850 000
HousesR 4 950 000