Jon Snow, Khaleesi and the Imp are set to earn big bucks on the seventh series of Game of Thrones

Chris Brown is being sued for allegedly 'attacking' his manager Mike G with 'repeated punches to the face and neck'

NBC renews The Voice for 2 more seasons

2012-09-26 13:41
 
the voice
Los Angeles - NBC said on Tuesday it had ordered two more seasons of its hit TV singing contest The Voice for the spring and fall of 2013.

"This pickup will assure the many dedicated Voice fans that this innovative show will continue to bring some of the most talented new voices to the world's attention through all of next year," NBC entertainment chairman Robert Greenblatt said in a statement.

The Voice, which debuted as a spring show in 2011, moved to a twice a year cycle earlier this month, where it is watched by more than 12 million Americans and has drawn bigger audiences than Fox television's revamped The X Factor.

Struggling programming schedule

NBC, which is majority-owned by Comcast, announced last week that singers Shakira and Usher will take the places of celebrity judges Cee Lo Green and Christina Aguilera when the show returns in the spring of 2013.

The Voice has proved one of the brightest lights in NBC's struggling programming schedule as the network seeks to lift itself out of its bottom place among the four leading US free to air broadcasters.

As the 2012-13 TV season officially kicked off on Monday with new and returning shows on all networks, The Voice was the top show of the night among the 18-49 demographic most prized by advertisers, according to Nielsen data.

Read more on:    nbc  |  usher  |  shakira  |  christina aguilera  |  the voice  |  tv  |  celebrities
NEXT ON CHANNEL24X

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
0 comments
Comments have been closed for this article.
 

Recent News

Matthew McConaughey says he has discussed the possibility of returning to True Detective with series creator Nic Pizzolatto. Read More »

The SABC has come up with mind-boggling reasons for why the public broadcaster has decided to censor public protest visuals on SABC TV news. Read More »

inside channel 24

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.