In partnership with

MAMAs 2016: The winners of the annual MTV Africa Music Awards were announced during a glitzy ceremony

Meet Iain Thomas, the 36-year-old South African poet who is famous all over the world except in SA

No more X Factor for Khloe Kardashian

2013-04-23 07:40
Los Angeles - Reality TV star Khloe Kardashian will not be returning to The X Factor after just one season as co-host of the TV talent show.

Fox television on Monday announced that presenter and actor Mario Lopez would return for a second season but the statement made no mention of Kardashian.

An X Factor spokesperson said Kardashian, 28, who with her California socialite sisters Kim and Kourtney rose to fame in Keeping Up With the Kardashians, would not be returning when the US version of the singing competition returns in September.

Not asked to renew contract

"We really enjoyed working with her and wish her all the best in the future," the spokesperson said.

Kardashian, one of the most popular faces on US television, was brought in by X Factor creator Simon Cowell last year as part of a revamp that included the hiring of singers Britney Spears and Demi Lovato as judges after a disappointing first season in 2011.

A source close to the show said Kardashian, who had no previous experience as a TV host, was not asked to renew her contract.

Spears quit after one season and her replacement has yet to be named but Lovato will be back in September.

'Mario is a pro'

Kardashian married basketball player Lamar Odom in 2009, and the pair got their own spinoff show.

She has more than 8 million followers on Twitter and has been in the news for several months over the couple's efforts to have a baby.

Lopez, a former actor, is the co-host of entertainment magazine show Extra and radio show On with Mario Lopez. He is also an author of several fitness books.

"I'm thrilled Mario is back for Season Three of The X Factor," Cowell said in a statement. "Hosting a live show and keeping the judges - especially Demi - in line, is not an easy job, but Mario is a pro and we are glad he's coming back."

NEXT ON CHANNEL24X publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.

Recent News

SABC is getting its very first locally produced telenovela, Keeping Score. Read More »

What's good on the box this week? City Press' Grethe Kemp gives you the scoop on what to watch on TV this week. Read More »

inside channel 24

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.