MultiChoice announced that it will be lowering monthly DStv subscription fees in several African countries

An anonymous caller filed a report against Adam Levine for abusing his wife and 4-week-old daughter

Noel Gallagher offered £2m for X Factor

2013-04-09 17:27
Los Angeles - Noel Gallagher has been offered around £2m to become a judge on The X Factor.

The outspoken ex-Oasis star has been approached to be a panellist on the ITV reality show by boss Simon Cowell for a second time, as he believes Noel can save the show.

A source told The Sun newspaper: "Simon is determined to get Noel on board. He sees him as his natural replacement as the real alpha male on the panel.

"He thinks Noel would be ideal, with his music knowledge, straight-talking and rapier wit."

Noel, 45, was launching his High Flying Birds project when he was originally approached in 2011, but he has since finished touring the record and is now enjoying some down time.

'I'm not greedy'

The musician previously joked he'd do the show for £1m.

He said: "It's about six months work, innit? I reckon it would have to be a million pounds after tax. Not per episode, I'm not greedy.

"I say that tongue-in-cheek. I hope he doesn't put a million pounds in my bank account because I don't really want to do it. But a million pounds for six months work? That's good money if you can get it, isn't it? Even I don't earn that much."

The X Factor panel for 2013 has not been finalised, but Louis Walsh, Nicole Scherzinger and Gary Barlow are all said to be in talks to return, while Tulisa has reportedly been axed.

Sharon Osbourne has also been hotly tipped to return following her judging stint on the show from 2004 to 2007.

NEXT ON CHANNEL24X publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.

Recent News

A source told Channel24 that the SABC won’t see another episode of 7de Laan if there’s no signed contract by Monday. Read More »

Icasa has set a date for a public hearing into's controversial application to get its broadcasting licence conditions changed. Read More »

inside channel 24

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.