Los Angeles - American Idol host Ryan Seacrest will remain on the top-rated US TV singing contest, the Fox television network said on Monday, ending speculation the popular personality might jump to a new show.
Seacrest has hosted Idol for 11 seasons and seen contestants such as Kelly Clarkson go on to singing stardom, Jennifer Hudson win an Oscar and Adam Lambert court controversy with his glam style.
"It's been a wild ride, and I'm excited for my journey with American Idol to continue," Seacrest said in a statement.
Media industry publications, citing unnamed sources, reported that Seacrest signed a two-year contract extension at $15m per year, but that could not be confirmed. A Fox spokesperson declined to comment on details of the deal.
In recent weeks, Hollywood has been rife with speculation that Seacrest, who maintains a presence on radio and produces shows for the E! cable TV network, might follow in the footsteps of former judges Simon Cowell and Paula Abdul and depart Idol.
In the Fox statement, show creator Simon Fuller noted that Seacrest had been with the programme "from the very first day" and said "I can't imagine the show without him".
24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.
Through to the second week, the country’s finest amateur bakers return for Bread Week in The Great South African Bake Off. Read More »
Top Gear host Matt LeBlanc is currently filming for the new series in the Isle of Man. Read More »
10 epic pics.
All the deets.
South AfricaCity Press
Johannesburg CBDResourcing Solutions
HousesR 2 495 000
HousesR 1 200 000
HousesR 7 200 000