Los Angeles - Simon Cowell is on the hunt for a Latino version of One Direction.
The 55-year-old music mogul has launched La Banda in a bid to find the next big boy band and has recruited former X Factor producer Mark Sidaway for the US show.
The production team which also includes singer and judge Ricky Martin are keen to bring the show across the pond to the United Kingdom if it's successful in the United States.
Mark said: "It's really exciting. If we get it right we want to bring it to other countries."
Auditions are already underway, with Mark tweeting recently that "everyone, like everyone, (is) singing Sam Smith, One Direction and Ed Sheeran. (sic)"
An insider at Simon's production company Syco told The Sun newspaper's TV Biz column: "We are very excited about La Banda and we are very hopeful it is going to be a hit."
Despite his new commitment to La Banda, Simon won't be shirking his responsibilities on the new series of the X Factor as he is the only judge currently confirmed to return to the show.
There has already been a huge shake-up after host of seven years Dermot O'Leary recently announced he would not be returning for the 2015 series.
Dermot has been an amazing presenter on the X Factor.. He held the craziness together. Most of the time. He is a great guy and a real talent— Simon Cowell (@SimonCowell) March 27, 2015
Dermot has been an amazing presenter on the X Factor.. He held the craziness together. Most of the time. He is a great guy and a real talent
And we will work together on something else.— Simon Cowell (@SimonCowell) March 27, 2015
And we will work together on something else.
Caroline Flack and Olly Murs who previously presented the ITV show's spin-off The Xtra Factor - are rumoured to be returning to front the main show.
Executive producer Richard Holloway previously teased: "There will be some exciting changes. The name of the show will stay the same but we are looking at the format and the judges.
"There will be some surprises this year. But I can't go into detail."
24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.
Top Gear host Matt LeBlanc is currently filming for the new series in the Isle of Man. Read More »
7de Laan will be broadcast tonight on SABC2 after the SABC rushed to sign off on a long-delayed new contract for the Afrikaans weekday soap. Read More »
10 epic pics.
All the deets.
South AfricaCity Press
Johannesburg CBDResourcing Solutions
HousesR 6 900 000
HousesR 2 495 000
HousesR 1 200 000