Singer boycotts Miss USA appearance over Donald Trump's comments

2015-06-25 14:49
 

Los Angeles — Colombian singer J Balvin says he's cancelling a planned performance at the Miss USA pageant following comments pageant owner Donald Trump made about Latinos.

A spokesman for Balvin says the singer told the Miss Universe organisation to withdraw his name from an announcement about participants in the Miss USA broadcast.

Rapper Flo Rida and country singer Craig Wayne were announced Wednesday as performers at the 12 July ceremony in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

Trump accused Latino immigrants of bringing drugs, crime and rapists to the U.S. during his presidential campaign kickoff speech last week.

A spokeswoman for the Miss Universe organization did not immediately respond to messages seeking comment.

Thomas Roberts of MSNBC and Cheryl Burke of Dancing with the Stars will host this year's pageant.

Read more on:    donald trump  |  celebrities  |  music

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
3 comments
Comments have been closed for this article.
NEXT ON CHANNELX
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.