Los Angeles – The 67th Primetime Emmy awards opened up with a bang!
First time host Andy Samberg pulled out all the stops. He opened with a musical skit about him binge watching every single show.
Watch the opening skit here:
He then took to the stage to deliver his opening monologue. From Bill Cosby to Donald Trump to even throwing shade on True Detective no one was off limits.
We think Andy did quite well for his first time on the job.
Here are 5 of his best jokes from his opening monologue:
1. "Tonight, instead of being played off by the orchestra, you're going to have to deal with the mean nun from Game of Thrones. So keep those speeches tight." Glee star, Jane Lynch then walks on to the stage dressed as a nun, ringing a bell chanting: 'Shame Shame Shame!'
2. "This is the most diverse group of nominees in Emmys history, so congratulations, Hollywood, you did it. Racism is over, don't fact-check that!"
3. "It's been a year of goodbyes. We said goodbye to Mad Men and Parks and Recreation and we also said goodbye to True Detective, even though it's still on the air."
4. "Donald Trump is running for president, to the delight of uncles everywhere. I've got to say, sure, Donald Trump seems racist…wait what else?"
5. "My friend Jon Hamm was nominated for Mad Men for the last time. But don't worry, after the success of Better Call Saul, I'm sure Jon will be nominated for the upcoming Mad Men prequel: Dick Whitman Horny Hobo."
Watch the monologue here:
<br _moz_dirty="" />
CHECK OUT THIS NEXT: Trevor Noah made us proud on the Emmys red carpet
Although a new contract will definitely be concluded for 7de Laan, uncertainty remains over whether it will be broadcast on Monday since Hlaudi Motsoeneng first wants to meet with the producers. Read More »
SABC is getting its very first locally produced telenovela, Keeping Score. Read More »
10 epic pics.
All the deets.
South AfricaCity Press
Johannesburg CBDResourcing Solutions
HousesR 3 220 000
HousesR 1 985 000
HousesR 1 750 000