Bachelor producers sued for sex discrimination

2017-10-31 11:59
 

New York - A former worker on The Bachelor television series and its spin-offs has sued the show's producers, accusing them of sexual harassment and pervasive questioning of her sex life and retaliating against her after she complained.

Becky Steenhoek sued Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. and NZK Productions, which produces the Bachelor series including The Bachelorette and Bachelor in Paradise. Warner Bros. says in a statement that it investigated Steenhoek's accusations earlier this year and their findings did not support her account.

Her lawsuit filed Monday in Los Angeles Superior Court seeks unspecified damages. Steenhoek's suit states she worked on the shows from October 2014 through April 2016. The suit states the harassment began in March 2016 after she became a segment producer and was subjected to persistent questioning about her sex life.

The lawsuit states Steenhoek was visibly uncomfortable with the questioning and complained. Within a week of complaining, the suit says Steenhoek was no longer allowed to meaningfully participate in the show, and an offer to work on a later Bachelor spin-off show was rescinded.

An attorney for NZK Productions declined comment.

NEXT ON CHANNELX
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.