Cape Town – E! Entertainment (DStv 124) has abruptly stopped filming Kim Kardashian and the other members of the family for the Keeping Up with the Kardashians reality show after the dramatic gunpoint robbery of Kim in Paris.
Viewers won’t see any of the Kardashian family members react and how they cope in the aftermath of the reality star’s traumatic experience as the cameras – unusual for the family living their lives in the spotlight of fame – were turned off and production suspended indefinitely.
On Sunday evening Kim Kardashian was held up in her Paris hotel room when armed men entered the l’Hotel de Pourtalès, “bound and gagged” Kim while she “begged them to spare her life, telling them she had babies at home, according to TMZ.
Kim was reportedly robbed of $10m jewelry, including a new engagement ring Kanye West gave her last month.
Now E! in a statement says “Kim’s well-being is our core focus right now. No decision has been made as to when production will resume”.
It’s not clear how the shutdown of Keeping Up with the Kardashians will affect the show that is supposed to return to E! Entertainment (DStv 124) with the second half of the 12th season before the end of this year.
The show, produced by Ryan Seacrest and Bunim/Murray Productions, has been renewed for a 13th, 14th and 15th season already in 2015, meaning it will remain on E! until at least 2018.
A second season of the one spin-off Rob & Chyna that just started on E! Entertainment for DStv subscribers in South Africa and elsewhere in Africa with episodes just weeks behind the American airdate, is meanwhile in jeopardy.
Production sources told TMZ that Rob, scared of fat shaming, is returning to his reclusive ways, making it difficult to film the show and that a second season of Rob & Chyna has not yet been ordered.
It’s apparently difficult for producers to get the two together to film scenes since Rob’s weight gain is making him “a hermit”.
Rob hardly leaves the house, gained his lost weight back which is evident in episodes, and is according to sources, “slipping back into a dark place”.
Los Angeles police have arrested a man suspected of using a sledgehammer to destroy Donald Trump's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Read More »
Will & Grace is making a comeback. Yes, for real! NBC is in talks to revive the popular sitcom. Read More »
10 epic pics.
All the deets.
South AfricaCity Press
Johannesburg CBDResourcing Solutions
HousesR 3 300 000
HousesR 6 850 000
HousesR 6 015 000