PHOTOS: Prince George and Princess Charlotte are the life of this children's party on their royal tour!

PICS: Kim Kardashian West was attacked at Paris Fashion Week when a prankster tried to kiss her on the butt

Matt LeBlanc: I'm not sure what's happening with Top Gear

2016-08-11 19:00
 

California — Matt LeBlanc says he's not sure whether he will be back for more Top Gear.

Speaking to TV critics Wednesday at an annual summer event, LeBlanc said of returning to the heart-pumping car show, "I don't know. I'd like to. There's nothing officially happening yet. Follow the BBC."

He said his favorite part about appearing on the series was "probably the travel," adding that he traveled to places like South Africa, Morocco and Ireland.

Last month, LeBlanc's Top Gear co-host, Chris Evans, quit the show after a one-season revamped format and a drop in ratings after three previous hosts left the series.

"That show has a pretty broad demographic. Everybody can relate to an automobile," said LeBlanc, who is promoting his new CBS sitcom, Man with a Plan, which premieres 24 October.

He said working on the Showtime single-camera comedy Episodes had "wet my appetite, and I wanted to work more. I wanted to be a part of something bigger." He also said he likes the work schedule of a multicamera show.

In Man with a Plan, LeBlanc plays a dad who cares for his kids after his wife takes a full-time job.

"This is a new thing, a new character for me, a whole new side of me and I'm looking forward to it," he said.

LeBlanc said working on the enormously popular TV sitcom "Friends" made him critical of what's funny in TV.

"I'm a joke snob. I don't love what you call low-hanging fruit. I don't like that kind of stuff. I tend to go for a smarter joke, and if there's a discussion about a joke that not everyone will get it, that doesn't scare me away from the joke. ... I'd rather do jokes that take a little bit of thought."

Read more on:    matt leblanc  |  top gear  |  tv
NEXT ON CHANNEL24X

 

Recent News

Hlaudi Motsoeneng who now calls himself "an ordinary employee" has seen his salary balloon further to a massive R4.19m. Read More »

All My Children creator dies

2016-09-29 14:02

Agnes Nixon, the creative force behind the popular soap operas One Life to Live and All My Children, has died at 93. Read More »

inside channel 24

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.