Smithsonian won't pull Cosby art exhibit after charges

2015-12-31 15:00
 

Washington — The criminal charges filed on Wednesday against Bill Cosby won't lead to any changes to a Cosby-funded art exhibit at a Smithsonian museum.

Eddie Burke, a spokesperson for the Smithsonian's National Museum of African Art, said on Wednesday that the exhibit will close as scheduled on 24 January. He says no changes will be made to a posted disclaimer that says the museum does not condone Cosby's alleged behavior.

About a third of the works on display in the exhibit come from the private collection of Cosby and his wife, Camille. Cosby also funded the exhibit with a $716k gift.

Smithsonian officials debated whether to pull the exhibit after revelations about Cosby's behavior with women in court documents unsealed earlier this year. Cosby was charged on Wednesday with aggravated indecent assault.

Read more on:    bill cosby  |  celebrities

NEXT ON CHANNELX
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.