Mfundi on fired actors: "I won't take them back"
Yoh! The Generations saga just keeps escalating!
Despite reports that new actors had been offered jobs, the creator of the show, Mfundi Vundla, has denied these claims. Speaking to DRUM, he said: "I have not talked to, nor approached anyone." He added that they are about to go on a five-day script workshop, where ideas for a new Generations will be discussed. "Then, and only then, will people be approached," he added.
Does this mean the 16 fired, who've received support from COSATU and others, actors are coming back? Mfundi said. "I won't take them back." He confirmed to the mag that that he hasn't been in talks with anyone about giving the actors their jobs back. "There is clearly no meeting point between us, but we have to plan for the future."
Meanwhile, entertainment blogger Phil Mphela reported that auditions for the show were held in Johannesburg on Thursday. He reported that agencies were sent briefs to send actors to audition. He added that no specifics were given for characters.