Reports: Muvhango cast hospitalised for food poisoning

2015-06-15 12:00
Muvhango (Supplied)

Johannesburg - It is being reported that several cast and crew members from popular SABC 2 soapie, Muvhango, were last week rushed to hospital after suffering from extreme food poisoning.

According to Sunday World, the group, which included actors Innocentia "Rendani" Makapila, David "Gizara" Sebe and Constance "Hangwani" Sibiya, were treated at different medical centres after complaining of diarrhea, dehydration and severe abdominal pains.

"It all started on Wednesday and most of them spent the night in the loo," a crew member told the paper. "The revolution in their stomachs became worse on Thursday when they arrived at work."

In one of the most severe cases, actor David "Gizara" Sebe was said to have been rushed to hospital after he started bleeding.

It is reported that by Friday all affected actors, including David, had returned to set looking a little worse for wear but an unnamed crew member was still recovering in hospital, albeit in a stable condition.

Muvhango's production team has apparently since fired the catering company thought to be responsible for the poisoning and reportedly issued a statement committing to the health and safety of the show's cast and crew.

-The Juice

Read more on: tv celebrities
Read News24’s Comments Policy publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.