SABC want Generations 16 back 'home'

2015-07-20 19:00
Hlaudi Motsoeneng & 16 Generations actors (Supplied)

Johannesburg - Quick, someone get a sangoma! We think someone may have spilled love muti in the Generations offices.

Only weeks after Queen Sophie Ndaba made peace with Generations creator Mfundi Vundla (more on that HERE), SABC head Hlaudi Motsoeneng has joined in the peacemaking spirit and reached out to the 16 actors fired by the soapie last year, calling on them to "return home".

Pointing out that the actor's anger should be aimed at the production company and not at the SABC, Hlaudi told Sunday World: "We tried our best to intervene in the dispute. That's why we are now extending a call to them to come back."

Given the way the 16 have departed and the fact that many of them have swopped their SABC access cards for red shiny ones, Hlaudi's pleas will probably fall on deaf ears. But he says the SABC are committed to helping the actors develop their own shows.

"Sophie (Ndaba) and Ngamla (Menzi Ngubane) have been with the SABC for a very long time. SABC will be happy to welcome them on board if they come up with their own production houses," Hlaudi says.

And it seems Sophie has already jumped at the chance, teaming up with bestie Winnie Ntshaba and former Generations head writer Bongi Ndaba to pitch ideas for her own shows on the station.

We wonder if one of them will be called Lord of the SABC: Return of the Queen?

-The Juice

Read News24’s Comments Policy publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.