YIKES! 3Talk is allegedly being canned!

2015-02-16 14:00

It seems like Noeleen Maholwana-Sangqu's reign as the Queen of Talk is over.

It's being reported that after 13 years on air, Noeleen's show will be canned. This is according to sources who revealed the news to Sunday Sun. 

The paper spoke to two industry sources who say that the show has failed at bringing in the numbers and that people want something more fresh hosted by someone younger, who will deliver something more stimulating.

Apparently viewers feel that Noeleen's show is boring with a lot of repetition.

"She was told by her bosses a few weeks ago that her talk show would no longer be aired from April," the source added.

Apparently SABC3 is working on a new show that could be similar to that of The Voice. 

Repeated attempts to get comment from Noeleen were unsuccessful this morning.

SABC spokesman, Kaizer Kganyago told The Juice that he didn't have any comment on the matter. "This is actually not my terrain to handle, this type of issue falls under programming and when they are ready to comment on the matter it will be communicated," he explained.

To be fair, this is an old rumour that first started doing the rounds a year ago. The Juice has previously reported on this and at the time, Noeleen denied the reports.

*Picture: Twitter



Read News24’s Comments Policy publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.