Gareth Cliff (Gallo Images)
Johannesburg - The legal team representing Gareth Cliff on Monday evening confirmed that a R25m lawsuit against M-Net would be going ahead.
Mabuza told reporters that not all of Cliff's demands had been met, but that M-Net had made a concession by agreeing to remove the radio personality's face from this year's advertisements.
Well-known advocate, Dali Mpofu will be lead counsel in the case. Earlier Mabuza confirmed to The Juice that Cliff intended to sue M-Net for R5m for defamation, and another R20m for breach of contract after getting axed from the show.
Speaking about the incident two days later, Cliff said the decision was not fair. "To be fired over this whole mess does not seem fair. They said I'm not racist."
Meanwhile, M-Net has closed ranks, only saying that the matter was being handled at an executive level and that management was in talks with its legal team.