Meghan Markle’s bodyguard quits after less than six months on the job

2019-01-14 11:32
 
meg

The royals have lost yet another aide in the space of just a few months.

The Duchess of Sussex’s female bodyguard has decided to quit after less than a year in the role, The Sun reports.  

The aide – who was never named due to security reasons – held the position of inspector, replacing Harry’s former head of security, Sergeant Bill Renshaw, who retired in 2018, Daily Mail reports.

The bodyguard was never too far away from Meghan during the Commonwealth tour in October – as well as many other occasions attended by her and Harry – blending in and even donning heels at engagements.

She wasn’t the only royal staff member who decided to jump ship recently.

In November last year the former actress’ secretary, Samantha Cohen (49), made the announcement that she’d be resigning after almost 20 years of working for the royals and being part of the queen’s personal media team.

And in December Meghan’s personal assistant, Melissa Touabti, announced that she’d be leaving the palace.

An inside source told The Sunday Times that the duchess is struggling to adapt to royal life.

“Unlike someone who has grown up in the royal family and has been used to having close protection from an early age, it can be constraining,” they said.

“Even though [Meghan] was a famous actress, she could still do what she wanted in the way of getting around freely,” they added.

Sources: The Sun, Daily Mail, The Sunday Times

Read more on:    meghan markle

NEXT ON CHANNELX
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.