Netflix chief says that Harry and Meghan deal 'could be of interest'

2020-01-20 17:00
 
Meghan Markle, Prince Harry


Cape Town – Netflix's chief content officer Ted Sarandos said - at the Producers Guild Awards on Saturday – that he would be interested in working with Harry and Meghan following their split from the royal family.

The young couple – who have a son named Archie who made his public debut in Cape Town last year - have walked away from the monarchy and announced the news in a statement heard around the world earlier this month.

The famous pair will stop carrying out royal duties from autumn this year and will stop using HRH. Harry – who also gave up his military titles - and Meghan will also repay the taxpayers' millions spent on their home at Frogmore Cottage.

READ NEXT: Queen Elizabeth just showed her power and Prince Harry his heart.

At an event, held on Sunday, for his African-based charity Sentebale, Harry broke his silence for the first time since announcing the split from the royal family, saying: "There were so many months of talks after so many years of challenges. I know I haven’t always gotten it right, but as far as this goes there really wasn’t any other option. What I want to make clear is we’re not walking away, and we certainly aren’t walking away from you."

This move away from the family means that the philanthropic public figures are now available to sign a big deal with the streaming service, following the footsteps of their friends, The Obamas.

While Ted didn't say the deal he would be interested in inking with Harry and Meghan looks like, we can only hope it will detail the soon-to-be more private family's next steps. 

READ NEXT: Video resurfaces of Prince Harry speaking to Disney CEO about Meghan Markle voice-over deal.

Read more on:    meghan markle  |  prince harry  |  royals  |  royal news

NEXT ON CHANNELX
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.