In partnership with

No, Harry and Meghan have not axed staff members from Frogmore Cottage

2020-01-17 14:43
 
Meghan Markle, Prince Harry

Cape Town – Various news sites have reported that Prince Harry and Meghan have axed Frogmore Cottage staff members after news of their move to Canada.

After their bombshell announcement earlier this month and discussions at Buckingham Palace, the queen released a statement on Monday saying that the royal family is "entirely supportive" of the Sussex family's decision while adding there will be a "period of transition in which the Sussexes will spend time in Canada and the UK" before a more permanent move is made.

But with the move, we can confirm that Harry and Meghan haven't let go of staff who tended to their Frogmore Cottage home. Instead, staff will be given work elsewhere while the couple is in Canada.

According to ITV News, a source for the Sussex family told PA news agency, "No members of staff have been let go.

"In quiet periods, staff are often redeployed elsewhere around the estate."

That being said, it's also important to note Harry and Meghan aren't making a complete and permanent move to North America any time soon.

While Meghan is settling into life in Canada, Harry is still in the UK, likely staying at Frogmore Cottage.

Their Royal Highnesses even explain on their new website, while saying Frogmore Cottage will remain property of the queen, "The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will continue to use Frogmore Cottage – with the permission of Her Majesty The Queen – as their official residence as they continue to support the Monarchy, and so that their family will always have a place to call home in the United Kingdom."

So no, Harry and Meghan have not axed staff members from Frogmore Cottage.  

Read more on:    meghan markle  |  prince harry  |  royals  |  royal news

NEXT ON CHANNELX
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.