Brave hearts needed for the M-Net Movies Epic pop-up channel on DStv

2019-01-30 14:28
 
How brave are you?

Johannesburg – DStv subscribers will need brave hearts for the M-Net Movies Epic pop-up channel that M-Net and MultiChoice will launch as its next DStv pop-up channel from 22 March that will feature films showcasing the greatest cinematic battles of all time.

M-Net Movies made the announcement about the launch of the M-Net Movies EPIC pop-up channel last week Thursday during its panel session at M-Net's comprehensive 3-day programming upfront at Gold Reef City in Johannesburg.

While not yet releasing a list of the epic war and battle films, M-Net Movies said that the M-Net Movies Epic channel will be running for just over three weeks on channel 109 on DStv, starting on 22 March and ending on 14 April 2019.

GET YOUR GAME ON

Lynn Fourie, the senior manager for acquisitions and scheduling for M-Net Movies, said that in 2017 and 2018 M-Net did four M-Net Movies pop-up channels on DStv each year, "and this year we've got M-Net Movies Game On" that will run from 22 February to 10 March, showing over 70 films.

Every weekend will have a themed day on M-Net Movies Game On, with Formula One Friday on 22 February, followed by Soccer Saturday 23 February, and Super Bowl Sunday on 24 February. Viewers can enter the ring with legends on Friday 1 March for a boxing extravaganza. Saturday 2 March is devoted to basketball and Sunday to baseball.

Friday 8 March swings into action with golf, then ice-hockey on Saturday 9 March and rugby and athletics on Sunday 10 March.

"We are still planning the year ahead. I must mention that I don't live in the present. I live in the future," said Fourie, regarding her acquisition and scheduling work and upcoming M-Net Movies pop-up channels on DStv for the rest of the year.

"I'm working on what's happening in November 2019 into March 2020. We are working furiously and frantically to get the ideas locked down. I'm very excited about it."

"One particular M-Net Movies pop-up channel is going to take a lot of legwork - I'm 30% there, I now need to push through to the other 70%".

Read more on:    movies

NEXT ON CHANNELX
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.