Laurence Fishburne restraining order denied

2013-01-24 12:56
Los Angeles - A judge has refused to grant actor Laurence Fishburne a three-year restraining order against a convicted felon who claims he owns the actor's home.

A Los Angeles Superior Court Judge said on Wednesday she could not consider Mark Francisco's criminal history, and she did not think his conduct warranted a restraining order.

The actor had been given a temporary restraining order, but the judge said Francisco's conduct didn't warrant an extension.

Francisco, who police say was recently paroled on a cyberstalking case, allegedly went to the actor's home on 1 January and threatened to evict the family.

Fishburne's attorney Donald Etra said that Francisco was waving an umbrella. The actor's security guard testified the man was agitated while speaking to him and police outside the gated home.