Stricter TV rules after Survivor deaths

2013-04-04 15:08
Paris - France's broadcast regulator says it's taking steps to tighten safety rules for TV reality shows, following two deaths on the French version of adventure show Survivor.

In a statement on Wednesday, the Higher Broadcasting Council expressed deep sadness over the death last month of 25-year-old contestant Gerald Babin and Monday's suicide of on-screen doctor Thierry Costa who treated him.

It said that it will consult with French TV stations in the coming weeks to find ways to further "respect human dignity" on such shows, and reexamine the current rules.

The council also reminded TV producers of the need to exercise "the greatest prudence when recruiting contestants".

It also expresses "wishes that participants get medical and psychological help during filming and for several months afterwards".

Comments

  • Banisa Brown - 2013-04-04 18:44

    Now I must google Gerald Babin and read more about the cause of death?... Eish... 5/10 (my article rate) not complaining.

      Avremel Niselow - 2013-04-04 20:44

      You are too generous, I give it a 3.

  • pages:
  • 1