Former Bachelor star pleads guilty in fatal car crash case

2018-11-14 10:05
 
Former TV reality show celebrity Chris Soules.

Iowa — A farmer who appeared on ABC's The Bachelor has pleaded guilty in a fatal crash last year near his home in northern Iowa.

In an agreement with prosecutors announced Tuesday, 36-year-old Chris Soules pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of leaving the scene of a serious injury accident. The misdemeanor charge carries a penalty of up to two years in prison. Soules' attorney says he could also get a deferred judgment and no jail time when he's sentenced in January.

In an agreement with prosecutors announced Tuesday, 36-year-old Chris Soules pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of leaving the scene of a serious injury accident. The misdemeanor charge carries a penalty of up to two years in prison. Soules' attorney says he could also get a deferred judgment and no jail time when he's sentenced in January.

Former TV reality show celebrity Chris Soules.

Soules had been charged with leaving the scene of a fatal crash, a felony that carries up to five years behind bars.

Soule was arrested after he rear-ended a tractor in April 2017, killing 66-year-old Kenny Mosher. Soules called 911 and waited for first responders, but left before police arrived.

Soule was arrested after he rear-ended a tractor in April 2017, killing 66-year-old Kenny Mosher. Soules called 911 and waited for first responders, but left before police arrived.

Soules appeared on

Soules appeared on The Bachelor and Dancing With The Stars in 2015.

(Photo: AP)

Read more on:    the bachelor  |  tv  |  celebrity crime

NEXT ON CHANNELX
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.