Here are all the details for Zozibini's street parade in Cape Town and Johannesburg
Zozibini Tunzi (Photo: Gallo)
On the back of Zozibini Tunzi's homecoming tour of the Eastern Cape, Miss Universe 2019 will arrive in Johannesburg and Cape Town later this week.
Thousands of well-wishers are expected to line the streets and greet reigning Miss Universe Zozibini Tunzi when she rides in an open-topped bus through the streets of Johannesburg on Thursday morning as part of her triumphant homecoming tour.
The City of Johannesburg's Executive Mayor, Cllr Geoffrey Makhubo, said: "Miss Universe, Zozibini Tunzi has done our country and continent proud. As her city of residence during her time as Miss South Africa, we are very happy to host her victory tour around this great city of Johannesburg."
The bus will leave the Maslow Hotel on Thursday, 13 February at 09:00 and the route is as follows:
* From the Maslow Hotel: Right into Rivonia Road
* Left into Grayston Drive
* Right into Sandton Drive
* Left into Rivonia Road
* Left into Fifth Street
* Right into Maude Street *Sandton Convention Centre Precinct*
* Right into West Street *Gautrain Precinct*
* Left into Katherine Street
* Right into Grayston Drive
* Right into M1 South
* Off Ramp - Jan Smuts Avenue
* Left into Empire Road *Wits University*
* Right into Melle Street
* Left into Jorissen Street
* Left into Civic Boulevard * City of Joburg Metropolitan Centre (Head Office)*
* Right into Hoofd Street
* Right into Joubert Extension
* Proceed Straight into De Korte Street *Braamfontein*
* Left into Bertha Street
* Proceed over Mandela Bridge
* Left into Lillian Ngoyi
* Right into Simmonds Street *Gauteng Provincial Legislature* Bank City*
* Proceed Straight until Booysens Road
* Right into M1 North and back to Maslow Hotel Sandton
JMPD will escort the bus from the Maslow Hotel throughout the route and back. The tour ends at noon.
Tunzi's mode of transport in Cape Town is a float swathed in ribbons in the colours of the South African flag and fitted out with a throne that is a replica of her Miss Universe crown. It was first unveiled during her visit to Mthatha at the weekend.
She said: "It is the most wonderful form of transport ever. And I should know - I've ridden on those New York horse-drawn carriages that take you around Central Park!"
Tunzi added that the float felt familiar and she was "at home" on it, which is not surprising as it was modelled on her national outfit - The Wave of Love - which she wore at the Miss Universe pageant.
The float will leave Cape Town City Hall on Friday, February 14, at 10:40, and the route is as follows:
* Float departs City Hall along Darling Street
* Turns left into Adderley Street
* Along Adderley Street and turns right into Wale Street
* Along Wale Street and turns left into Long Street
* Along Long Street and turns right into Buitensingel
* Turns right into Loop Street
* Along Loop Street and turns right into Strand Street
* Along Strand Street and turns left into Adderley Street
* Along Adderley Street to Hertzog Boulevard
* Turns right into Hertzog Boulevard
* Along Hertzog Boulevard onto Nelson Mandela Boulevard
* Ends at Searle Street turn-off at around noon.
As the 68th Miss Universe winner, Tunzi is currently on a week-long festivity that included visits to Johannesburg, Mthatha and the two villages she grew up in - Tsolo and Dutywa.
She was welcomed at OR Tambo at the weekend by dignitaries and members of the public on her arrival.
Compiled by Graye Morkel