Boity Thulo, Modiehi Thulo (Photo: Gallo)
South African reality TV shows have set the tone as to what makes them different from the rest of the world.
"Quotables darling," as Bonang Matheba would say. The three seasons of Bonang's reality show, Being Bonang, saw her add more sparkle and a whole lot of quotables that not only made her show popular, but changed Mzansi pop culture as well.
But step aside Queen B, there is a new contender for the title of queen of quotables – Boity Thulo's mom Modiehi Thulo.
1. "Daai man, top dog ya di Bible" - referring to Jesus
2. "Bo sekese" - referring to sexual intercourse
3. "Dichubaba ke rrago, jou bleksem" - Facial blemishes are your father
4. "I'm trying to get 911 ya dintja" - referring to the SPCA
5. "Shangaan visa" - referring to a Schengen visa