5 things you didn’t know about 'Scandal!' actress Charmaine Mtinta
Charmaine Mtinta (PHOTO: Gallo images)
Cape Town - She joined the cast of e.tv soapie, Scandal! in August 2019 shortly after the death of acting veteran Nomhle Nkonyeni who played Lulama Langa.
She came in as Lulama’s onscreen sister Nomfundo Langa, a traditional aunt who is not afraid to tell it like it is. Like her character, Charmaine Mtinta speaks her mind but other than their sharp tongue, she and Nomfundo have very little in common.
Here are 5 things you didn’t know about Charmaine Mtinta:
1. While some people connect with their higher power through Gospel music; Charmaine enjoys the smooth sounds of Jazz music.
“I love jazz. It transports me to a spiritual world and calms me. I have a big collection, but I love listening to Earl Klugh, George Benson, Mbuso Khoza and Nduduzo Makhathini, just to name a few.”
2. The mom of two girls studied Music at East Side College where she majored in Jazz.
“My love for jazz goes deep. But I later studied drama at Indigo View Actors Academy. It moulded me into the actress I am today.”
3. As a way of keeping fit, Charmaine enjoys a morning stretch doing yoga.
“I am a yogi, do not be fooled by the body. It’s just water weight.”
4. The former Yizo Yizo veteran loves experimenting with essentials oils.
“One of my passions is mixing oils and herbs. I use these to also experiment in the kitchen. I love anything natural. If one is sick, I use natural products right in my cupboard.”
5. Many people enjoy a kick from a strong cut of coffee in the mornings or anytime during the day really, Charmaine loves her tea.
“I have every flavour you can think of under the sun.”