Here's how to get your L’Ormarins Queen’s Plate tickets
Queen's Plate (Photo: Martin van Staden)
Cape Town - Tickets for South Africa's most elegant horseracing event - the L'Ormarins Queen's Plate Racing Festival - are on sale and here's how you can get yours.
The event will once again take place at the Kenilworth Racecourse in Cape Town from Friday to Saturday, 5-6 January.
ALL THE TICKET INFORMATION:
1. On the Friday, a limited number of guests will be able to experience the LQP Garden Party (R500 per person) complete with bottomless L'Ormarins MCC, Heineken-on-tap, a harvest table, live jazz and access to the racing.
Perks: This is probably the best value ticket of the weekend as it also entitles guests to access the famous Style Lounge Village on the second day of the festival.
2. The Somerset Room on Friday (R 300 per person) will cater for guests who prefer a sit-down, three course luncheon and beautiful views of the track and Table Mountain.
Perks: Guests will also have access to the races and a private bar with toilet and tote facilities.
3. As is tradition, Saturday's festivities will include the Style Lounge (R 350 per person), which provides access to the Style Lounge Village.
Perks: Guests can mingle while enjoying horse racing, entertainment, fine Anthonij Rupert wines, L'Ormarins Brut, local food vendors, tote facilities, parking, and last but not least: the all-too-famous after party.
4. Due to it's position and unbeatable atmosphere, the Stud Club (R 1,300) per person) is the most popular hospitality marquee at the L'Ormarins Queen's Plate.
Perks: Over looking the track, this area accommodates up to 200 guests, who will enjoy a complimentary light lunch, snacks, selected beverages and a private cash bar as well as access to the Style Lounge Village, after-party and the Franschhoek Motor Museum and BMW car displays.
5. Guests who are looking to enjoy LQP in the ultimate luxury can opt for the Stud Members Club & LQP Lounge (R 3,500 per head/ R35,000 per table of ten), which will include exclusive seating in the Stud Members Club and a private table in the LQP Lounge, as well as access to a raised VIP area at the after party limited to 100 people.
Perks: Also included are a complimentary light lunch, snacks, selected beverages as well as access to the Franschhoek Motor Museum and BMW car displays.
6. The popular Paddock Sites (R 1,000 per table of 10) is set along the rail in a private covered wind protected area next to the Winner's Circle. Tickets to the Paddock Sites will include a luxurious picnic basket, filled with a variety of lunch-time treats including a selection of wines, beers, and spirits.
Perks: Both these options include access to the races, the after-party as well as the Franchhoek Motor Museum and BMW displays.
7. The Kenilworth Jazz Room (R 1,500) returns with its exquisite views of the course, live jazz and access to the Style Lounge Village and after party. Tickets will include a three course meal with complimentary selected Anthonij Rupert wines and full local bar.
8. The Somerset Room (R600) guarantees a three course meal in the comfort of the Kenilworth Building, with prime views of the course.
In addition to witnessing the country's best racehorses, guests will also experience world-class entertainment, hospitality and culinary offerings while the Best Dressed Competitions will again reward the couple which best represents the traditional LQP white-and-blue.