How much money would Emilio Tobias pay hackers threatening to release his browsing history?
Emilio Tobias (Photo: Supplied)
Cape Town - Emilio Tobias is one of 24 newcomer comedians who will take to the stage on Sunday to perform live at the Savanna Newcomer Showcase at the Soweto Theatre.
Comedians from across the country will be given five minutes to deliver their best comedy routine in the hopes of being crowned the winner at this year's Savanna Comics' Choice Awards (CCA's) later on this year.
Tsitsi Chiumya, who won last year's Savanna Newcomer of the Year Award, will be this year's host.
Hailing from the South of Johannesburg, Tobias started his comedy career in 2015, he has made significant strides in a short space of time.
Channel24 asked Emilio our seven of our funniest questions, and here's what we had to say:
1. If your 5-year-old self suddenly found themselves inhabiting your current body, what would your 5-year-old self-do first?
To be family friendly, I will instead tell you the second thing I would do in my current body. I think my five-year-old self would be shocked and impressed at how hairy I am and at the same time confused at why I am always tired.
2. What is something that everyone looks stupid doing?
Everyone looks stupid when they are counting what they've had on the bill. You look stupid and broke.
3. If animals could talk, which would be the rudest?
Skunks. Whether they could talk or not, they are rudest in the animal kingdom. "Jerome, we eating here, if you need to fart go stand in the corner and stop laughing, it's not funny!"
4. What is the most embarrassing thing that happened to you in school?
My younger brother was in a fight with someone in his class, and I ran over to defend my brother. I flew in with a kick and missed all the action and fell on my back in front of everyone. My brother got beat up, and I sorted myself out.
5. If you could kill off any character from a current TV show, who would it be?
Seeing that there's no one left to kill on Game of Thrones, let's go with the lead character of a show I don't even watch Empire. Jamal Lyon, played by Jussie Smollet gots to go!
6. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Not that I'm a big fan of it, but my food of choice would be Biryani! It is a three in one dish that comes with everything. Rice, meat, eggs, and depending on which part of the country you're from, yoghurt.
7. How much would you pay a hacker threatening to release your browsing history to your friends and family?
Not more than R250, for his time and effort. I have already thought of great excuses for the things I've searched for. "I got hacked," is one of them.