Meet your top 35 Miss SA finalists!
35 Miss SA Finalists (PHOTO: Yolanda van der Stoep)
Cape Town - This year’s Miss SA pageant received a record-breaking number of entries with over 900 women around South Africa vying for the crown of Miss South Africa.
Now, the judges have announced the official top 35.
With just over a month to go until the 61st annual Miss SA pageant, time is flying, and contestants are preparing themselves for the big night.
This year’s pageant will be held on Women’s Day on 9 August 2019, at Sun International’s flagship venue, the Sun Arena at Time Square in Pretoria.
It will be broadcast live on both M-Net and Mzansi Magic.
There is close to R3 million in prize money and sponsorships for this year’s glittering pageant, with the winner walking away with R1 million in cash as well as a car, a luxury apartment for a year and other fabulous prizes.
The first princess takes home R250 000 in cash and all 16 finalists receive R25 000.
The Top 35 come from around the country.
Gauteng has 19 contenders (with nine from Pretoria) followed by the Western Cape and Kwa-Zulu Natal with five, the Eastern Cape and Free State with two while Limpopo and the Northern Cape each have one entrant.
These young ladies will set out to impress this year's semi-finalist round of judges who are actress and motivational speaker Leandie du Randt, broadcaster and Miss South Africa 2015 Liesl Laurie, former runway model and casting director Andiswa Manxiwa, Miss South Africa 2010 Bokang Montjane-Tshabalala and Women’s Health editor Danielle Weakley.
The top 35 are (in alphabetical order):
1. Anarzade Omar (20), from Crown Gardens in Johannesburg, who is a third year BA Strategic Communications student at UJ.
2. Anita Jansen (22), from Midrand, who is studying marketing through Unisa and is a yoga teacher and model.
3. Anzelle von Staden (26), from Centurion in Pretoria, a B.Com graduate from Tukkies who works at an NGO.
4. Beulah Baduza (23), from Hatfield in Pretoria, who is a BA Law graduate and currently doing her LLB.
5. Catherine Groenewald (21), from Constantia in Cape Town, who is a first year BA Visual Communications student and model.
6. Celest Steyn (24), from Mooikloof in Pretoria, who has a degree in visual communications and is a model and photography company owner.
7. Chuma Matsaluka (21), from Nyanga in the Western Cape, who is in her third year in a humanities degree at UCT majoring in anthropology, industrial sociology and political studies.
8. Danielle Wallace (26), from Umhlanga in Durban, who moved this month to Cape Town, and is a Bachelor of Social Sciences graduate and full-time model.
9. Eloïse van der Westhuizen (24), from Panorama in Cape Town, who has a B.Com and Honours degree in logistics/supply chain management (Cum Laude) from the University of Stellenbosch and currently works as a merchandise planner.
10. Errin Brits (22), from Randpark Ridge who is a BA Law Graduate (Cum Laude) and in her first year of LLB.
11. Fanelesibonge Mbuyazi (22), from KwaMsane near Mtubatuba in KZN, who is studying for a Bachelor’s degree in computer science and applied statistics from UCT.
12. Gabrielle Lochoff (21), from Mooikloof in Pretoria, a first year B Education student at Unisa.
13. Hesrie van Heerden (23), from Bellville, who has a BSc Food Science degree from the University of Stellenbosch and is currently working as a food scientist.
14. Kay Leigh Sussman (22), from Melrose in Johannesburg, who works at a medical supplies company.
15. Keabetswe Kanyane (25), from Montana in Pretoria, who works as an analyst and project coordinator and who graduated with a B.Com in Supply Chain Management at the University of Pretoria and is studying for a B.Com Hons: Logistics Management at the University of Johannesburg.
16. Kgothatso Dithebe (24), from Centurion, who is a second-year law student at Unisa.
17. Kim Snoyman (26), from Bryanston in Sandton, who is a final year B.Com Economics at Varsity College.
18. Lara Steenkamp (20), from Louisvale near Upington in the Northern Cape, who is a third year B.Com law student at North West University.
19. Lisa Stoffela (26), who hails from Margate in KZN but who is currently living in Johannesburg, who graduated with a B.Com in Financial Management, is the owner of a small pizza take-away restaurant and is a part-time model.
20. Loren Leigh Jenneker (24), from Centurion, who is studying for B.Com degree in Finance at the University of Johannesburg.
21. Martinique Ferreira (23), from Bloemfontein in the Free State and currently living in Stellenbosch, who is a digital platform intern.
22. Mbali Dlamini (22), from Newcastle in KZN and currently based in Fourways, who is studying for honours in strategic brand communication at Vega.
23. Nkosazana Sibobosi (23), from Khayelitsha in Cape Town, who is a film and media student at the University of Cape Town and a model.
24. Noluthando Bennett (24), from Kagiso in Krugersdorp, who is a sound engineer with a post graduate diploma in multimedia and web design.
25. Nompumelelo Maduna (24), from Rockville in Soweto, who has a B Tech Marketing Management from the University of Johannesburg and is working as a private banker at a leading financial institution.
26. Roelien Claasen (23), from Florauna in Pretoria, who is studying B.Com Business Management at Unisa while working as an aftercare teacher.
27. Sasha-Lee Olivier (26), from Alberton, who is studying for a marketing and psychology degree at Wits while also working as a model.
28. Shaskia John (21), from Laudium in Pretoria, who graduated in Nature Conservation at the Tshwane University of Technology and is currently in her first year of a two-doing part time postgraduate qualification in nature conservation.
29. Sibabalwe Gcilitshana (24), from Nqamakwe in the Eastern Cape and currently living in Bellville, who has her Honours in justice and transformation from UCT and is currently working as a parliamentary officer and researcher for Equal Education.
30. Sisa Mdoda (25), from Sasolburg in the Free State, who has a Bachelor's Technology qualification in Tourism Management majoring in Ecotourism completed at the Vaal University of Technology.
31. Tené Minderon (21), from Brakpan, who is a full-time model.
32. Tumelo Ntsewa (22), who hails from Polokwane in Limpopo, who is a second-year law student at Wits.
33. Xia Narain (23), from Chatsworth in Durban, who has a Bachelor’s degree in General and Industrial Psychology at UKZN Howard Campus and will next pursue her honours degree in clinical psychology.
34. Zanele Phakathi (20), from Soweto, who is a first year Business Information Technology student at the University of Johannesburg and model at Boss Models.
35. Zozibini Tunzi (25), from Tsolo in the Eastern Cape, who graduated with a ND Public Relations Management from the Cape Peninsula University of Technology and is currently completing B Tech in PR at the same institution.
The Top 16 will be announced on July 11.
Go to: https://www.misssa.co.za
Miss South Africa is presented by Weil Entertainment in association with Sun International, the LFP Group and Mousson.