One of these ladies will take home the Miss SA crown
Miss South Africa 2018 Regional Qualifiers (Photo: Yolanda van der Stoep)
Cape Town - Meet the regional qualifiers vying for the title of Miss South Africa 2018.
One of these ladies will be crowned on 27 May at the pageant's diamond jubilee, to be held at Sun International's new flagship Time Square Sun Arena in Pretoria, in a spectacular event which will be televised live on M-Net.
The winner will take home more than R2 million in prizes.
The Miss South Africa 2018 regional qualifiers is an impressive group. Among them is a mechanical engineer, several medical and science students, law students and commerce and a news broadcaster.
The 28 regional qualifiers come from eight of the country's provinces. Nine from Gauteng, seven from KwaZulu Natal, three from the Eastern Cape, two each from the Free State, Mpumalanga, the Northern Cape and the Western Cape, and one from Limpopo.
They now stand a chance to make it to the Top 12 which will be announced on Thursday, May 3.
They are (in alphabetical order):
1. Akile Khoza (23) from Bushbuckridge, Mpumalanga who is studying for her Masters in neuroscience at Stellenbosch University.
2. Altina Vries (26), from Steinkopf in the Northern Cape, currently lives in Cape Town and works as a model.
3. Anzelle van Staden (24), from Centurion in Gauteng, has a BComm degree from the Univeristy of Pretoria and is currently a full-time model.
4. Avania Reddy (25) from Westville in KZN who is a mechanical engineer.
5. Bryoni Govender (21), from Kempton Park in Gauteng, is a third year LLB student at the University of Johannesburg.
6. Chanté Holloway (23), originally from Atlantis in the Western Cape and now residing in Johannesburg, studied at the New York Film Academy and works as an actress and model.
7. Chanté Jantjies (25), from Northcliff in Gauteng, has a BComm in finance from Varsity College and works as a news anchor for the SABC.
8. Daniellë de Jager (20) from Benoni, Gauteng, is currently studying biokinetics at the Nelson Mandela University in Port Elizabeth.
9. Danielle Wallace (25), originally from Mount Edgecombe in KZN and who has an honours degree in social sciences, works as a marketing account manager.
10. Eureka Khambako (23), from Hazyview, Mpumalanga, is studying fifth year medicine at Stellenbosch University.
11. Karishma Ramdev (23), from Chatsworth in KZN, is a fifth-year medical student at the University of Pretoria.
12. Leah Prinsloo (22), from Morningside in KZN, is a graphic designer.
13. Lethukwenama Letsoalo (22) from Bergville, KZN, is studying fourth year medicine at Stellenbosch University.
14. Lisa Stoffela (25), from Margate in KZN and who now lives in Sandton in Gauteng, is a final year BComm financial management student at Varsity College.
15. Margo Fargo (25), originally from Heidedal in the Free State, has a BSc consumer sciences honours degree and is a co-founder of a NPO.
16. Michelle Howell (24), from Kempton Park in Gauteng, is a second year student studying consumer sciences at Unisa and works as a designer and au pair.
17. Noxolo Ndebele (24), from Pinetown in KZN, has a BComm Acc degree and currently works as a financial controller.
18. Rethabile Lethoko (22), from Greenstone, Edenvale, in Gauteng is a second year BA student at Varsity College.
19. Rito-Grace Madingana (25), originally from Welkom in the Free State, is a BComm graduate from the University of the Free State and now works as a model and NGO entrepreneur.
20. Tamarin Bensch (25), originally from Bedfordview in Gauteng but now living in Somerset West, who works in property management and interior renovations.
21. Tamaryn Green (23), from Paarl in the Western Cape, is in her final year of medicine at the University of Cape Town.
22. Taryn Bornman (25), from Pretoria East in Gauteng, has an honours degree in marketing and works in the finance industry.
23. Tegan Goldman (25) from Salt Lake in Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, is studying Honours in Corporate Communication at Nelson Mandela University.
24. Thandokazi Mfundisi (23), from East London in the Eastern Cape, is a final year LLB student at Fort Hare.
25. Tharina Botes (21), from Roodepoort in Gauteng, is a first year BComm marketing and business degree student at Damelin and a part-time model.
26. Thulisa Keyi (26), originally from East London in the Eastern Cape and who now lives in Gauteng, is currently doing articles at KPMG after graduating from the University of Cape Town.
27. Tshegofatso Moloto (22), originally from Limpopo and now residing in Buccleuch in Gauteng, is in her final year BComm in marketing at the University of Johannesburg and is a part-time model.
28. Thokozile Mbatha (26), from Kimberley in the Northern Cape and now staying in Observatory, Cape Town, is a digital marketing intern.