MAMA 2015 (The Juice, Social Media)
In case you have been hiding under a rock, last night was dedicated to celebrating Africa and the immense amount of talent our continent has to offer.
Musicians from across Africa were honoured in true style at the annual MTV MAMAs in Durban on Saturday night.
We were lucky enough to witness all the red carpet glam and behind-the-scenes action first hand.
1) We got to spend the weekend with the likes of RnB superstar Ne-Yo and even managed to get a selfie with him at a press conference on Friday night. Yay us!
2) As expected, the red carpet was abuzz on Saturday evening as celebrities strutted their stuff. Funnyman Trevor Gumbi made sure that there was never a dull moment and rumour has it he even got into a little trouble for his antics on the red carpet. Trevor had us in stitches with his dance moves...
3) One of the sweetest moments for us was when AKA paid tribute to Zinhle. The notoriously private rapper walked away with the award for Best Collaboration together with Da L.E.S, Burna Boy and JR. AKA thanked Zinhle on national television for her support and for giving him a beautiful baby girl. Too sweet.
4) And then there was the moment of the baes! Cassper Nyovest and Boity Thulo made their red carpet debut. We happened to be staying at the same hotel as the lovebirds, and spotted Cassper walking into the hotel shortly after the awards carrying his girl's shoes for her as she ran in bare foot. (Obviously her feet were killing her) #relationshipgoals Of course, another big moment that stole the show was that kiss between Queen B and D'Banj. You guys should have seen how proudly D'Banj rocked the red carpet with B on his arm!
5) Tbo Touch's quirky outfit. We couldn't stop giggling throughout the awards ceremony as Tbo nearly broke the internet, and all those hilarious memes emerged. We spoke to Tbo before his outfit went viral, and he told us that he wanted to be different and wanted to infuse all the different cultures Africa signifies. At least he had good intentions, right?