Cape Town - 2014 has seen some of the greatest movies of our time gracing theatres all across the globe.
Varying in topics these works of art have evoked emotions, sparked debates and answered those pesky questions or simply entertained many of us and gotten us out of our funk. We have decided to compile ten of our favourite films that were released this year.
We countdown our top 10 movies of 2014
10) What If This is a romantic comedy that is genuinely romantic and genuinely funny.
9) Hard to GetA South African production on par with Hollywood action movies, Hard To Get was probably the best investment ever made in this industry.
8) The DropWith terrific dialogue and electric chemistry between Gandolfini and Hardy, this film is definitely for acting connoisseurs who like the finer art in film making, especially crime films, rather than guns blazing and bones being fed to pigs.
7) Guardians Of The GalaxyGuardians of the Galaxy are not superheroes. They are scoundrels in the nicest and worst ways, and one only hopes that they keep this up for the (hopefully) many installments to come.
6) BoyhoodBoyhood is little more than an admittedly very impressive gimmick, but the truly wondrous thing about Richard Linklater's latest and perhaps greatest film is the way he uses this "gimmick" to tell a story that perfectly and accurately captures the process of growing up.
24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.
'Shaun the Sheep' is set to get a sequel and is expected to be the biggest and most exciting adventure yet. Read More »
Add your review
The second teaser for the local flick Jagveld is out and it's even more mysterious than the first. Read More »
Add your review
10 epic pics.
All the deets.
South AfricaCity Press
Johannesburg CBDResourcing Solutions
HousesR 2 495 000
HousesR 1 200 000
HousesR 3 300 000